Sunday, May 13, 2018

My Week in Review: 5/5/18-5/12/18


Happy Mother's Day to all the ladies out there.  I hope you are having a wonderful time with family and friends.  :)

Here is what I want to share with you today:

Dark Glitter by C M Stunich & Tate James - 5 Stars *****


Ciarah O’Rourke was born into torture.

A human spirit reincarnated in the body of an ancient fae goddess, she’s spent the last five years in iron shackles, her mind poisoned with magic for secrets she doesn’t know.

Waking up in a dirty alley with no memory of her escape, Ciarah finds herself in the hands of The Wild Hunt Motorcycle Club--a ruthless and violent group of bikers with faerie blood in their veins.

Arlo. Reece. Killian.
Three men drenched in death, sin, and old magic.
From their clubhouse in the middle of the Louisiana bayou, they’ll offer Ciarah the keys to unlock her memories and control the veil between worlds. But even her knights can’t erase the twisted scars that remind her they aren’t the only ones who hunt.

When The Wild Hunt rides, the souls of the dead join their parade.


All that’s missing now is their queen.

Kiss of the Demon Girl by Eddie R Hicks - 4 Stars ****


Ruthless, foulmouthed, and sometimes drunk. That’s me on a good day. Just imagine what I’m like on a bad day.

My name is Reika. I don’t know who I am anymore other than the following facts:

I’m unlikeable.

I used to be a member of the Yakuza.

I think a succubus has a thing for me.

The police shot me six times.

After my discharge from the hospital I learned that I had the unique talent to control fire. That’s right, a modern day pyromancer. I have no idea where these powers came from, the doctor that worked on me upped and vanished, along with all records of me ever being admitted to the hospital.

That’s when shady people from the shadows began to stalk me, some even had the balls to attack me. Don’t worry, I flambéed them all, I can take care of myself. What I am worried about are the people of New York City. Who’s going to defend them when my war with these shadow people reaches a boiling point?

I don’t want to be a heroine. I just want my life back.

Safe Zone by Suzanne Sussex - 3 Stars ***


The news reports spoke of a virus sweeping across South America. Entire villages were wiped out, yet events soon turned the media attention elsewhere.

Then a video hit the Internet and quickly went viral. A video showing a woman, attacked, bitten and dying.
Then she rose again.

Experts confirmed the video as a fake and prank. It was widely condemned as fear-mongering.

But all the expert denials counted for nothing when the virus reached the UK.

Chloe finds herself left behind, abandoned by Steve who rejoins the army to fight the new enemy. She does not know if she can survive without him.

Sam, arrogant and selfish in his immaturity, is miles from home, alone and scared. He knows he must change, must become a man, to endure this strange new world.

They must all make sacrifices to do what is right.

To do what is right for the greater good.

Awakening by Ben Swallow - 3 Stars ***


I was just a regular girl.


But then my parents are killed, I discover I have magic potential, and everything goes to hell.

The other mages reject me because I'm not as "noble" as they are. My parent's killer is still on the loose, and no one seems to care.

Only one mage is on my side. And lucky for me, he's hot.

The more we secrets we uncover, the more danger we get into. But I'm not going to stop until the killer is brought to justice.

Consort of Secrets by Eva Chase - 3 Stars ***


Every witch knows the rules: Stick to your own kind. Never reveal your powers to outsiders. Take a consort from the witching families or kiss your magic good-bye forever.

For years I've been quiet, obedient Rose Hallowell. I accepted the man my stepmother chose for me. But I never stopped missing my long-ago friends: brilliant Kyler, stoic Seth, passionate Jin, daredevil Damon, and Gabriel, whose self-assured warmth brought us all together.

Now we're back on my childhood estate to arrange my marriage. The boys I grew up with? They're still in town—and they haven't forgotten me either. And damn if they haven't grown up well.

They've got no magic, no place in my life. But they're charming and sweet and infuriatingly hot, and I can't seem to stay away. The more I try to resist, the more secrets I uncover about my family, my betrothal, and everything I thought was true about the witching world.

I've been lied to. I've been betrayed. So to claim my magic and my happiness, I'll break every rule there is—and then some.

Don't mess with this witch. Every rose has thorns.

That's it for this week.  I may switch gears next week and try some YA books.  :)  I hope you are reading something great.

As always, thanks for stopping by.
~Michelle


No comments: