Sunday, February 25, 2018

My Week in Review: 2/17/18-2/24/18


Last week was another mixed bag for me, I started and stopped a couple of books and devoured a couple of others.  :)  I guess in the end, it all evened out.  Here are the books I want to share with you today.

Catharsis by Adrienne Lecter - 5 Stars *****


Bree’s list of priorities:
Survive the next hour.
Survive the next day.
Survive the next week.
Hold down solid food.
Relearn how to walk. How to run. How to hold a gun. How to fight.
Make Bucky Hamilton rue the day we met, and met again.

And find out what the f*ck we are looking for in Europe.

Dead: Alone by TW Brown - 4 Stars ****


A bite or scratch will turn the victims to one of the infected within seventy-two hours..."

Those words rang in Evan Berry's head. Waking to discover he'd been scratched was a death sentence. Deciding that he would not force Carl or Betty to have to put him down after he turned, Evan said farewell to his group and slipped out in the middle of the night.

Deciding that he would make one last run in the hopes that he could bring back enough supplies for his beloved Newfoundland, Chewie, Evan embarks on a quest that will show him just how fast and far society has fallen. Will he make it before he turns, or will he perish...alone?

Tinsel in a Tangle by Kimbra Swain - 4 Stars ****


Is it too much to ask for a fairy queen to have a nice holiday?

After accepting the role as Queen of the Exiles in Shady Grove, Alabama, Grace finds that being in charge isn't all it's cracked up to be. An influx of wayward fairies find their way to the newly established haven and seek the protection of the local fairy queen.

Grace and company are just trying to have a normal holiday when it's interrupted by a daily menace that escalates out of control. Add to it an untimely visit by a coven of witches, and the holiday is quickly going to hell in a Christmas decorated handbasket. Plus, Grace is sick for the first time in her long life. She might get some sleep, if her bard, Levi would quit banging his new girlfriend the trailer.

Bone Witch by D N Hoxa - 3 Stars ***


My name is Winter Wayne, and I'm a Bone witch--minus the magic.

I used to work in the only place in Manhattan that had use for a witch like me, until my boss kicked me out over a job gone bad (not my fault, I swear).

Pure boredom and the lack of company got to my head fast. I was so desperate, I took a delivery job from a complete stranger. It was supposed to be an easy job, clean and simple. It was anything but.

Now, there's a price on my head and my own coworkers are hunting me down. My mad fighting skills alone aren't going to be enough to keep me alive. Looks like the time has come to dig out my mother's bones and complete the ritual that will finally ignite the magic in mine--if I even make it that far.

She never wanted me to be part of the Paranormal world, but she made sure I was prepared for it anyway. I'm finally about to find out why.

Moms Against Zombies by Alathia Paris Morgan - 3 Stars ***


Emma Jackson is an army wife and new mom with all the uncertainties that come with it… until that fear is pushed in a different direction. Instead of worrying about diapers and feeding schedules, her only objective is to keep her child alive after being chased by a man who looks entirely too dead.

Trish Walsh thought her day was bad when she had to drag all four of her children on an errand, but she rethinks the meaning after what she can only hope was someone dressed up like a zombie beats on her car door. Yet, the bloody mess left behind is anything but reassuring.

Cooper Walsh’s job is top secret. When criminals break in to steal his company’s secrets, he overhears the conspiracy devised to create chaos as a cover-up. Knowing he must do everything in his power to right the wrong, he sets out on a mission.

Surviving long enough to reunite with their families is all that matters. That… and stopping the zombie apocalypse before it destroys them.

That's it.  :)  I'm excited for a couple of books I have lined up for next week.  I hope you are reading something great.

As always, thanks for stopping by.

~Michelle

No comments: